Host a ROOTS OF RHYTHM
* DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT *
To arrange the workshop or for
about Hosting an ROR Workshop you may directly contact:
Dr. Craig Woodson
Director, Roots of Rhythm
HOW THE PROGRAM
The internationally successful Roots of Rhythm (ROR) world drumming program has become a sought-after training workshop intended for Pre-K to 12 teachers to supplement core academic subjects. In the workshop, teachers learn the fun of playing and making percussion instruments described in the ROR teacher’s guide. Teachers come away with usable classroom connections to science, math, geography, and world cultures, increasing
students’ interest in learning through the language of music. The Percussion Marketing Council (PMC), which
sponsors ROR, is looking for partner institutions—schools, arts
organizations, retail stores, and others—to host a
Roots of Rhythm teacher workshop.
Benefits of Hosting a Roots of Rhythm Workshop:
- FREE of charge to the Hosting Institution.
Participants’ tuition fees are paid by PMC.
- Workshops, custom tailored to the Hosting Institution’
needs, can range from one day to a weekend or a week.
- Teacher attendees receive a valuable, unique
educational experience for only a low materials fee.
- Teachers receive handouts, CD(s), support materials,
instrument making supplies and hours of instruction.
- As a free, online curriculum, ROR becomes
self-sustaining after teachers take the ROR workshop.
Marketing Council Provides:
- All professional facilitator instruction fees,
transportation, accommodation and preparations.
- All workshop materials and promotional tools for
hosting institution, both print and through the PMC website.
- All shipping of workshop materials, instrument
components, curriculum workbooks.
- A minimum of 25 teachers and/or other
professionals to attend the workshop.
- A venue where drumming and instrument making
will not disturb others nearby; a suitable carpeted classroom to accommodate
the group; and all necessary chairs, tables, black or white board.
- Assistance with unloading and/or receiving
instructional materials prior to the workshop date/time.
- Weekday or weekend access to the facility and
sufficient parking for attendees.
- Direct promotional marketing of the workshop to
local teachers, schools, administrators, and the public.
- Package leftover materials for pre-paid UPS shipment
after the workshop.
- One-time Materials Fee of $35-45.00 per day depending
upon number of workshop hours, depth of curriculum, and duration of workshop.
All enrollments are made payable in advance to the Percussion Marketing
- Simple registration via www.RootsofRhythm.net/upcomingworkshops.html.
- Completion of two workshop evaluations: 1st
at completion of workshop, 2nd six-months after attendance.
PMC created the Roots of Rhythm
teacher’s guide in 2004 with a grant from the NAMM Foundation as a
multi-disciplinary world drumming curriculum now used by Pre-K-12 music and
non-music teachers. ROR trainings in the curriculum provide hands-on drumming,
drum making, and other music-related activities in support of core academic subjects.
Since 2006, several thousand teachers have attended these workshops, impacting
close to one-million students. Roots of Rhythm teacher workshops have been presented across the United
States and overseas, and are internationally recognized as an effective
approach to engaging students in the enjoyment and benefits of playing
Conducted by ROR author, percussionist and ethnomusicologist Dr. Craig Woodson, currently scheduled workshops are listed at www.rootsofrhythm.net/upcomingworkshops.html .
more about Roots of Rhythm Workshops at www.rootsofrhythm.net and about the Percussion Marketing Council at www.playdrums.com.
To arrange the workshop or for
more information about Hosting an ROR Workshop you may directly contact : Dr. Craig Woodson, Director, Roots of Rhythm,
Cleveland, Ohio 440-725-8767 firstname.lastname@example.org